Alpha is an innovation facility based in Barcelona, established by Telefonica in early 2016. Alpha’s mission is to create Moonshots: audacious projects that use radical ideas and breakthrough technology to address some of the biggest challenges in society. Such Moonshots are designed to affect 100 Million people or more, be a force for good on the planet, and grow into impactful businesses.
Alpha Health is Alpha’s first Moonshot.
Start from scratch
You will join the Alpha Health team in its early stages, meaning that you are part of the team that defines how Wingman should be constructed near the start, including which tools should be included in Wingman based on best practices and your experience.
You will work along with Data Scientists, Voice Scientists, Designers and Front-end, Back-end developers, Q&A among others. People in our team are from diverse backgrounds as Finland, Holland, US, Serbia, Greece, Spain and Venezuela and we normally talk in English (or Spanish).
- DevOps experience of 2+ years (minimum)
- Experience with scaling, fault tolerance, high availability apps
- Demonstrated proficiency in systems administration (Redhat Linux)
- Demonstrated proficiency in network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
- Cloud platforms experience (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc)
- Database knowledge: SQL (e.g. MySQL) & NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Micro-services architecture knowledge
- Preferred agile experience
- Good to have skills include Docker, Spark, Elasticsearch, Ansible, Cloudformation, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc
As a member of the engineering team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Alpha developing these new capabilities.
You a have a background from a variety of different fields. If you have experience managing full application stacks from the system (Linux or Windows) up through a custom application, managing part of a network from layer 3 and higher, or web-related programming that includes the consumption of web services we’d like to talk with you!
You will maintain infrastructures, make sure back-ups are happening, making sure you follow GDPR and other privacy regulations.