Who Are We?
TELEFÓNICA INNOVACIÓN ALPHA S.L. (“Alpha”, “us” or “we”) is an innovation unit of Telefónica. It is incorporated and registered in Spain with registered office at Ronda de la Comunicación, Distrito Telefonica, Madrid, Spain. Alpha is part of the Telefonica group of companies (together the “Telefonica Group Companies” or “Telefonica Group”).
Why do we have your Personal Information?
We collect information to help us:
- Deliver products and services to you
- Improve our products and services and develop new ones
- Give you access to parts of the website like the forums, discussion groups, job applications, and online challenges
- Respond to queries you have sent to us and get in touch with you
- Update you about our activity, and to tell you about, and send you information about our products and services, and allow partners we’ve chosen to tell you directly about their products – unless you opt out.
- Check what you are interested in, so that we can offer and develop products and services of relevance to you.
- Look at markets, write reports, do research and
- Better understand how our website is used so that we can improve its performance.
- Keep your data secure and prevent crime and fraud.
- The law also requires us to retain some information.
Sometimes we aggregate and anonymise this information so you can’t be identified as an individual.
What type of information do we have?
We collect information that you give us and information that we get from your use of our website:
- Registration information: when you sign up to the website, we will ask you for some Personal Information including your name, profile picture, age, gender, interests and email address, avatar, Twitter profile link, forum signature. We might also keep social log in keys if you choose to log in via a social platform. Your browsing information including your IP address, browser type and the pages you request.
- Your activity and interactions on the website e.g. your use of blogs and forums on the website, the content you post, your participation in challenges, when you contact us, make changes to your profile.
- Your application information including your cv, if you apply for a job with us..
- We also collect information from other sources, including business directories and other commercially or public available sources.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
We don’t share your Personal Information with other organizations or individuals outside of our company, except:
- When we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental or public authority request;
- Enforce applicable Terms of service, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- Protect against or prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of Alpha, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- With trusted third parties, if you have specifically indicated your willingness to receive information about their additional products or services.
- We may transfer, and you agree to allow us to transfer your Personal Information to other companies including Telefonica Group Companies located outside the European Economic Area.
- Some of our services on our website allow you to make certain information public or accessible to certain individuals. If you make use of these services Alpha will share your information as you request.
- We sometimes share aggregate data with third parties, including trusted advertisers, content providers and business partners or prospective business partners, to give them a better understanding of our business and services and how they are used.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
What else do you need to know?
What are Cookies and Why do We Use Them
We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. Our website is not directed or intended for children. If you are a child, you should not register or use our website. If you are the parent or guardian of a child user, please contact Alpha at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete and remove such user’s Personal Information from our system.
Alpha has technical and organisational measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access or theft of the Personal Information. We use industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of the information stored in our server. However, no method is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, unfortunately, we cannot 100% ensure the confidentiality of the communication of any information that you transmit to us or any information that you receive from the website.
What Happens if Alpha Makes a Change to This Policy?
How You Can Contact Us
If you wish to access, correct, remove or prevent processing of any of your Personal Information, please send your requests to email@example.com.
We will do our best to respond promptly and comply with your requests or address your questions. In some cases, we may not be able to process your requests, for example, if it is technically impractical, risks the privacy of others, or causes a disproportionate burden on us.
How to Unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to receive updates on the products and services that we offer then please send an email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject.
Effective Date: 12.10.2017